Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Deloitte is hiring a Manager or Senior Manager to join its Competitive Intelligence (CI) team. CI reports to the Director of US Strategy Development (SD). CI and SD are both part of Strategy, Brand & Innovation, which is led by Deloitte's Chief Strategy Officer.
CI analysts lead projects and programs that support leadership decisions. The focus of these projects and programs reflects the agendas of the US CEO, Chief Strategy Officer, and Strategy Development team. Analysts' responsibilities include
· Scoping projects through consultation with internal clients
· Developing project plans responsive to internal client needs
· Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses that transform information into insight
· Designing and executing research activities-including open-source research and interviews with internal and external subject matter experts-that support those analyses
· Tasking junior analysts with research and presentation requirements; integrating their work into final products; and coaching them to superior performance
· Preparing and delivering reports on findings to Deloitte's Executive leadership
Qualifications and Requirements
· Intellectual curiosity; professional skepticism; business, financial, and economic literacy; and cogent, persuasive expression-in person and in print-are foundational requirements of the role. Candidates must meet exceptional standards for quality in writing, speaking, and independent thought.
· Master's degree preferred. MBA with significant coursework in strategy and competitive analysis preferred. Candidates whose major course of study included Accounting, Economics, Finance, History, or Political Science will also be considered, as will candidates who can demonstrate intensive critical analysis and writing skills.
· Minimum ten years' relevant work experience required, preferably with at least five years in a large professional services firm; a corporate strategy or planning department; or an intelligence analysis role. Experience supporting strategy development strongly preferred.
· Work experience must include project management and preparing and delivering presentations to executive leadership. Editorial and staff coaching experience are a plus.
· Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required. Proficiency with data analytic software-for example, MS Access, SPSS, or SAS-is preferred.
· Candidates will provide writing samples in advance of initial interviews. Candidates selected for additional screening will undergo a timed writing exercise and deliver an oral presentation.
· The CI team is virtual, with members and clients in multiple regions of the US and overseas; candidates must be self-starters and comfortable operating in virtual environments.
· Limited travel (less than 20 percent) is required.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Job ID: 3304852