Assessing and Communicating the Value of Competitive IntelligenceThursday, October 24, 2013 1- 2PM EDT - Webinar Registration https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/972202774Assessing a CI function's value, especially its products and contributions to a company's business continues to be a major challenge for most CI professionals. There are several typical reasons given for this: Not sure how to do it; it requires a…See More
"Full list Replays & Background – SLA CID...
Social Media Etc '60 Apps' - FREE webinar - Courtesy Special Libraries Association CI Division Tues 9/17/13 1pm ET http://bit.ly/15Di2Yb Browse Presenter Scott…"
"Brian -- do you have a Six Sigma background? Note reminded me I promised to post the following...
"Urgently need in Frankfurt, Germany
- 2 Senior Consultants - Lean Six Sigma know-how (1 with Black Belt Level, 1 with Green Belt Level) -…"
Essential Dozen Analysis Methods Information Pros Need to Know to Support their Organization's CI EffortsDr. Craig S. Fleisher, Chief Learning Officer, Aurora WDC, Madison, WI @craigfleisherVirtual Program Thursday, August 22, 2013 1-2 PM ETREGISTER AT https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/223900094 The fundamental purpose of any form of competitive intelligence (CI) is to anticipate and produce a more desirable future. Great…See More
Dr. Craig S. Fleisher, Chief Learning Officer, Aurora WDC, Madison, WI @craigfleisher The fundamental purpose of any form of competitive intelligence (CI) is to anticipate and produce a more desirable future. Great strides have been made by information professionals in recent years in acquiring data and information to support intelligence efforts, but the processing, exploitation and analysis of these inputs have not yet reached a “tipping point” where the intelligence serves decision makers to…See More
The Oregon Chapter of the Special Libraries Association welcomes SCIP-Oregon members to attend our upcoming workshop “Customizing Data Delivery to Target Audiences.”When: Friday, September 27, 1pm - 4pm with a no-host happy hour to follow. Where: Architectural Heritage Center (701 SE Grand Avenue, Portland)You've done your research and have a pile of information. Learn how to turn that information into an impressive research package…See More
I possess the experience, energy & education your opportunity requires.
My passion for the work is exceptional, I find the vocation exciting.
If my combination of CI, KM, 6 Sigma & reference work in financial & professional services intrigues you -- I'd love to discuss this further!
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any follow-on questions.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Anna F. Shallenberger
An experienced researcher, educator, author, blogger, strategist & consultant, Anna Shallenberger, aka the ClosetLibrarian, was recently recognized in Best of the Business Web & featured on SlideShare’s home page.
At SLA 2011 , Anna was a panelist for “Integrating with Sales & Marketing to Capture & Deliver Intelligence” & led an "Intelligence Café" discussion regarding Unique Information Sources & the Deep Web. She was also a spotlight panelist @ SLA 2010 & served as conference planner for the CI Division.
* Extensive expertise in consultative & professional services settings delivering research – from raw data to PowerPoint analyses.
¬- Skilled identifying subject matter experts & using social media. Established human intelligence networks.
- Experienced profiling/comparing Companies [clients/competitors/suppliers], industries, products, markets, trends, people…
-Designed Early Warning Systems drawn from both internal/external & human/digital sourcing.
-Teamed on internal valuations based on win-loss & other tools.
* Results-driven, customer-focused team leader who understands both the big picture & the details. Delivered actionable output.
* Demonstrated abilities to assess needs, develop processes, & build relationships necessary to execute effectively & successfully.
-Interact @ all personnel levels professionally, discretely, respecting their time. Led direct reports, matrixed teams & sub-contractor bench.
* Well-organized, effectively juggled multiple priorities & reprioritized as needed, flexible but not indecisive. Quality & quick turn-around.
* Experienced selecting/managing vendors, designed bill-back cost capture. Created portal for varied business units, roles & geographies.
* Initiated research ethics standards working with Legal Dept. Maintain confidentiality of all research methods/content as relevant.
* ALA-accredited MLS & BA Economics. Taught SLA's ClickU CI certificate Published Source Collection & moderated GE 6Sigma Sessions.
* Directed SLA CI division's 2010 conference planning & spoke alongside Jan Herring in a spotlight session.
* Speaking on June 2011 CI panel re serving Sales & Marketing & leading roundtable re mining unique & deep web sources.
* Info Today's Best of Business Web recently highlighted ClosetLibrarian twitter.
* Successful working both as an independent telecommuter & on-site team member.
Objective: A strategic role that leverages secondary, primary & humint research; content synthesis, analysis & presentation; creative problem solving skill; & project management & team/community building skills to:
-Nurture existing business & expand opportunities.
-Optimize available resources & implement process improvements.
-Deliver enhanced [comparative] understandings of markets/product, relevant trends, & competitors/customers/suppliers.
-Improve product management/development & existing customer relationships.
-Build approaches/methods that maximize proactive foresight within ethical standards.
-Generate efficiencies, innovation & higher profits.
-Also interested in teaching/training/mentoring
varied. Interested in both the foundational and the applied. What really intrigues me is problem solving. I possess an unusual mix of skills and interests. While I am exceptionally goal oriented and can be very competitive -- I am above all things a team player and service focused.
Specialties: Market, Competitive & Human Intel; Secondary & Primary Research; Knowledge Management; Data Collection, Manipulation & Synthesis; Analytical Models; Strategic Planning; 6Sigma; Insights Presented /moderated trade association meetings. Published. Reader I don’t know said… "It speaks so eloquently ... I'd very much like to share it with (fellow professionals in my local trade group.)" Another conference attendee commented she was she glad stayed extra day, my panel best she saw...
Aloha Anna, I just found your friend request. Thank you for the invitation. I enjoy supporting CI projects and any research-based project that my clients need assistance on. Lightening the load for busy executives to spend time on more pressing matters. Enjoy the group, Sonia Isotov firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna, Thank you for the organization of SLA CI division meetings. I could not attend many but I did hear many good things about them and I read a lot of tweets on that subject also.
Too bad I could not listen much jazz in NOLA.