I have near 30 years experience working with companies, tech. centers, universities, clusters etc in Competitive Intelligence topics:
- Analysing the key objectives of the organisation's strategy
- Extracting the key watching factors to help reaching its objectives
- Discovering the key information sources to the organisation's strategy
- Mounting a CI system to systematically exploit the key information sources
- Helping to watch the evolution of the key watching factors
- Helping people to coordinate and work together with a CI method
- Implementing all the CI process with a software to support it.
My expertise in Industrial Property includes making reports about the "state of the art", "patentability", "infringement", "nulity" etc.
I periodically mount specialised Workshops on Technology Watch and Competitive Intelligence so attendants can practise with the last tools and methodology.
My main goal is the improvement of this metholodogy incorporating new software tools, especially web 2.0 tools.
I'm interested in the creation of Open Source CI software valid to the majority of SMEs. We have developed Hontza 3.0, the first Open Code Platform for Competitive Intelligence. It is based on Drupal. The code is downloadable at http://www.hontza.es.
Now we are mounting a community around it. We are cooperating with consultants, experts and companies to improve it.
I'm interested in the promotion of CI Professionals in Spain. I collaborate with our main association ASEPIC (Asociación Española para la Promoción de la Inteligencia Competitiva) and other initiatives.
I'm member of SCIP (Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals).
I'm member of the GT6 Working Group of AENOR 166 Commitee to develop UNE 166006:2011 R&D and innovation management: Technology watch and competitive intelligence system