I'm happy to report that I've posted the long-awaited next episode of the Competitive Intelligence Podcast. This is my interview with Arik Johnson, founder and Managing Director of Aurora WDC and creator of this wonderful Ning forum for CI professionals.
This is a very conversational interview, and Arik and I touch on a number of topics, including:
1. The importance of the "perpetual beta" mindset in a paradigm of rapidly-changing technology and reduced barriers to entry.
2. The shifting paradigm for intelligence moving from asymmetry of information to asymmetry of interpretation.
3. Companies that "get it" on setting and executing winning strategies by articulating strategies in ways that stick and then empowering employees to self-actualize to pursue those strategies.
4. Arik explains the CI 2020 project that he began with Craig Fleischer to explore how the CI profession will change in the next 11 years
5. CI's evolving role as a mechanism and process to correct for cognitive bias
6. The importance of a customer-centric model in delivering CI
Suffice it to say there's great stuff in this episode. Please take a listen and share your thoughts here, on Twitter or on the Competitive Intelligence Podcast