Join Arik Johnson from Aurora WDC as he hosts special guest expert Jay Kurtz from KappaWest to discuss how business wargaming can help any company survive (and thrive) during tough times in the second of a two part series. Please feel free to view Jay's first webinar video or slides on business mapping to create actionable intelligence if you'd like to get an idea what to expect from the next one.
Many organizations consider “tough times” as a reason to cut back on monetary and other forms of investment. While this is often appropriate, difficult economic periods can also represent an excellent opportunity for a company to improve its strategic position relative to its competition. A Business Wargame can help it to do so in several ways, for example:
• Identifying how competitors are likely to cut back and testing ways to exploit their exposure
• Anticipating how competitors’ customers are likely to react to supplier cutbacks and ways to exploit their concerns
• Preparing a company to initiate aggressive and effective new growth strategies as soon as a turnaround occurs … much faster than its competition does
Even if a company must cut back itself, a Business Wargame can help it to evaluate different ways of doing so, and to avoid the “unintended consequences” of its moves.
By participating in this webinar you will:
- Be introduced to the concept and process of Business Wargaming and especially its use to help organizations to develop and test plans to deal with the special opportunities, obstacles and risks implicit in difficult economic times.
- Prepare yourself to define the preliminary purposes and scope of a "tough times" wargame, for review with senior management.