Tactical, Operational & Strategic Analysis of Markets, Competitors & Industries
Title: US|Senior Competitive Intelligence Manager|Competitive Intelligence Manager Senior
Location: United States-Colorado-Broomfield-CO (Denver Metro)
Job Number:_16611Essential Duties
* Manage the efforts of the competitive intelligence function in conjunction with other intelligence and data gathering units (i.e. Business Metrics & Analysis) of the company to limit overlap and optimize the information-gathering and analytical capacity of the business as a whole.
* Proactively develop and implement stakeholder strategic recommendations with other wholesale stakeholders and make strategic recommendations to the marketing strategy organization.
* Prepare ad-hoc analysis of competitor companies or brands to support Level 3 sales activity and will perform in-depth competitor analysis in order to develop and maintain in-depth reviews of the major telecommunication companies, major brands and emerging/ new companies and brands. Present these reviews to the appropriate business unit leadership teams.
* Perform end-to-end requirements gathering, information collection, analysis, and prepare monthly recommendation of actions and responses based on competitive intelligence for review with marketing leadership team and/or other business leaders.
Education and Experience
* Experience: 7 yrs
* Education Level: Bachelor''s Degree
* Field Of Study: Marketing, Finance, Business
* A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
* Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
* Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
MBA Preferred. 5 years of marketing, sales, operations, finance, or other functional experience coupled with telecommunications experience is required. Similar experience that will enable the applicant to perform competitive analysis, market research, content and sales tools creation, sales training, and deal support. A demonstrated understanding of critical business issues and strong project management experience are required.
- Develop, use, manage and maintain a wide variety of strategic intelligence sources including third party analyst subscriptions, industry publications, websites, newsletters, conferences, tradeshows, blogs, etc.
-Create, maintain and regularly distribute strategic analyses via newsletters, reports, templates, etc. to communicate intelligence findings to key stakeholders internally
- Respond to, fulfill and track requests for industry, market, strategy, segment and competitive data from a variety of internal constituents including Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Corporate Strategy, Investor Relations, etc.
- Maintain and moderate MI and CI groups in Salesforce.com Chatter and promote adoption and usage by Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, Segment Marketing, etc.
- Assist with development of tools/programs to build awareness and visibility of MI/CI program and resources internally
- Develop and maintain a diverse portfolio of competitive intelligence deliverables for a pre-defined set of industry competitors, i.e. competitor profiles, how-to-win positioning documents, win-loss analysis, competitor quarterly earnings summaries, SWOT analyses, etc.
- Develop and maintain MI/CI tracking systems, data repositories, and a company-wide self-service market/competitive intelligence web portal
- Regularly review content on the MI/CI web portal for relevance and timeliness, purge old data and determine optimal data organization and presentation formats
Working Relationships include:
- Strong cross-functional orientation and ability to work successfully in a highly matrixed and stakeholder-driven organization.
- Strong ability to interact effectively with all levels of management professionally and tactfully.
- Ability to establish and sustain strong internal customer” relationships and effectively balance customer needs with intelligence priorities and resources.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Broad base of experience in Marketing and technology industry, including extensive experience conducting business and market/competitor intelligence research in technology and/or telecom industry, MBA preferred.
- Superior analytical/financial skills and attention to detail
- Superior critical thinking, writing (reports, abstracts, summaries, etc.), presentation (both written and verbal) and project management skills.
- Microsoft Office proficient w/ intermediate to expert skills in Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Personal qualities desired:
- Highly proactive and able to effectively work with and influence senior executives and a variety of stakeholder groups across the organization
- Patient and persistent soliciting and incorporating stakeholder feedback
- Ability to work within deadlines
Desire to progress in job and take on new responsibilities as key assignments and deliverables are mastered