Tactical, Operational & Strategic Analysis of Markets, Competitors & Industries
This sounds like a great opportunity to join Citrix in CI. Rick Marcet and Rob Brown work there in sales intelligence, and are into more tactical CI. Looks like they give preference to internal people, but if you have extensive software experience this would be valued.
The Director of Competitive Intelligence leads the Competitive Intelligence team and is responsible for providing evidence-based, strategic and tactical guidance through actionable intelligence briefings and deliverables.
This person is responsible for discovery, consolidation and communication of key trends, opportunities, threats and implications related to Citrixâ€™s external environment and providing clear implications and guidance across broad and varied stakeholder levels.
Functional responsibilities include directing, overseeing, and conducting analyses of competitors market impact, landscape trends, launch timelines and other external issues as directed and set by senior leadership across Marketing, Sales and Product divisions.
The Director makes recommendations to leadership teams charged with setting business and product strategy. This individual enhances company marketplace position by leveraging knowledge gained about competitors and competitive environment.
This position reports Sr Director, Integrated Marketing & Strategy and supports and collaborates closely among all levels of key stakeholders in Product Groups and Sales Groups including frequent interactions with Senior Leadership. Collects and analyzes key information from the Sales organization, Product group technical leads as well as from external sources. Manages multiple direct reports.
Desired Skills & Experience
Essential job functions and requirements include:
- Develop and sustain close working relationships with key stakeholders, across product, sales, finance and marketing departments; Builds diverse internal and external network for primary intelligence gathering and cross-validation.
- Oversees development of presentations with clear storylines to communicate key conclusions and recommendations to Sr. Leadership.
- Drives and directs assimilation of competitive intelligence to ensure that marketing, product and business decision-making is supported by timely, accurate and cost-effective data and analysis. Viewed as a Citrix business expert by internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures self and team maintain high level of awareness of developments in the Citrix markets â€“ desktop, app, mobile, network and cloud - as well as developing relevant skills and techniques in spirit of best-in-class CI leadership.
- Leads and provides actionable recommendations based on a) thorough analysis of internal and external business issues and environmental factors b) careful assessment of available data and determination of knowledge gaps c) translating data into trends with estimated business impact; proactively translates business challenges into research briefings and analysis.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of CI repositories and infrastructure to help efficiently facilitate knowledge sharing across internal stakeholders.
- Proactively plans and executes thorough cross-functional scenario planning initiatives to address key identified threats and issues affecting the organization and align efforts with the overall planning process; acts as strategic advisor in organization.
- Develops innovative solutions to unstructured, complex problems; recommendations have significant impact on company (time, people, budget) resources and may affect ability to achieve company goals.
- Pro-actively looks for process improvement opportunities by challenging existing processes, proposing solutions, driving approved implementation plan to advance team capabilities, improve internal efficiencies and drive toward continued best-in-class functional leadership.
- Strong Citrix business IQ is critical for this position. Preference will be give to experience at Citrix in leadership roles in product, marketing and/or sales leadership roles.
- Alternatively, at least 10 years of experience in relevant IT markets in leadership roles in marketing, development, sales, or business development, with a demonstrated understanding of key competitors in Citrix markets.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a technical discipline. Advanced degree required â€“ technical or business.
- Ability to influence people and facilitate cooperation of internal and external partners for both intelligence, acquisition and recommendation acceptance.
- Analytical and strategic thinking - able to see the big picture from scattered pieces of information; Ability to collect and synthesize complex information, making it relevant, understandable and actionable for key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Prior Managerial Experience required.
- Ability to structure and present qualitative data in a compelling and convincing fashion; strong writing, presentation, and project management skills.
- Proven track record of success of cross-functional project management, with the ability work collaboratively across all functions with various levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Citrix makes virtual computing solutions that help people work and play from anywhere on any device. More than 230,000 enterprises rely on Citrix to create better ways for people, IT and business to work through virtual meetings, desktops and datacenters. Citrix virtualization, networking and cloud solutions deliver over 100 million corporate desktops and touch 75 percent of Internet users each day. Over 10,000 companies partner with Citrix in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2010 was $1.87 billion. For more information about Citrix and its talented employees, visit: http://www.citrix.com/careers Specialties Desktop and datacenter virtualization; Cloud technologies—including virtualization, networking and orchestration; Windows application delivery; web application delivery, load-balancing, WAN optimization, SSL VPN; collaboration suites, mobility, workshifting; Helping people work better no matter where they are. Making IT departments happier by giving them back control over what really matters – delivering business-critical services, maintaining availability and limiting risk.
Posted:June 25, 2012Type: Full-time Experience: Director Functions: Marketing, Product Management Industries: Computer Software, Computer Hardware, Information Technology and Services Job ID:3271178
Apply on Company Website
For the description on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=3271178&srchInd...