A trusted recruiter friend of mine (Phil Reeves whom I've known in Qualitative Research for some time) has asked me to network the position below. Please contact this person if you're interested:
Title: Senior Manager Competitive Intelligence
Location: GA - Atlanta
Leading financial services company with emphasis on work/life balance needs a competitive intelligence market researcher.
* Responsible for planning, organizing, and managing activities that provide strategic planning support and research on marketing, customer service performance, and corporate initiatives; directs specials research and analytical projects as needed; formulates strategies, plans, policies, and procedures based on operational analysis to maximize current operations or to plan for large-scale operational changes.
* Drives key business decisions and strategies by using competitive data to provide strategic insights for market development initiatives and the field force; generates more profitable growth by identifying market opportunities for competitive advantage, understanding competitive actions and market trends; fosters a more market driven company that moves quickly to capture new opportunities; builds marketing research infrastructure including technology, processes, training and staffing of function; works with all lines of business to translate research results into clear marketing and product development strategies; oversees marketing analysis to ensure technical accuracy, clarity of communication and impact of recommendations.
* Assists with the development of long-range visionary strategic plans and annual budget for the division and ensures that operations are managed within authorized budgets; advises, consults, and coordinates activities with division management, other departments within the division, and external customers.
* Stays abreast of current trends and best practices in research, quality improvements, and field force compensation trends and development, functional operations, and technology area.
* 8 years of market research experience.
* 5 years in a managerial capacity leading diverse work groups and strategic consulting or experience in managing projects in a complex business environment involving multiple business issues.
* Experience in marketing strategy and analysis, and operating and capital budget responsibility (preferred)