Tactical, Operational & Strategic Analysis of Markets, Competitors & Industries
CI Reporting: Content, style, presentation
CI reporting includes compilation of reports that contain raw and analyzed data for the Intelligence user. Consequently, the form, content and medium of the report has to be adjusted based on the needs of these users. In this workshop, the essential reports or products of a CI department are defined, as well as their form and structure explained. The focus is on the content composition of the Intelligence reports.
Besides written reports, the importance and specifics of Intelligence presentations (briefing, fixed date) are looked at in detail.
An outlook on CI reporting systems and their reporting generators rounds off the workshop.
With the help of case studies, the independent compilation of Intelligence reports for different user types is practiced.
Demand analysis of the Intelligence recipient
* Who needs what news and how should it be formatted?
* Content of Intelligence reports: structure and style elements
* Layout of reports: rules of design and software tools
* CI portals with dynamic reports
Development of CI reporting
* Reporting pyramid
* Escalation procedures
* Dissemination of reports (push versus pull)
* Competitor profiles (strategic profiles)
* Situational analyses
* Research results
* Strategic analyses
* Example for reports in CI software tools
* Independent compilation of reports