Tactical, Operational & Strategic Analysis of Markets, Competitors & Industries
War Game Workshop
Barcelona- June, 17
War Games are an essential decision making tool that can, and should, be used in any number of points along the company decision tree. They are an extremely powerful analytical technique that provides an insight into how to make your company or product more competitive in the market.
Based on the ancient Chinese principle of “know thy enemy”, and refined by military strategists, and more recently by a number of leading academics, War Games can be prepared and run internally within the company with minimum planning.
The benefits of running a War Game can be:
• Testing the company and product strategy in a robust and systematic way to really understanding its competitiveness in the marketplace and identifying actions that need to be taken to improve it.
• Discovering holes in the company’s assumptions; about the market, about their competitors’ intent and capabilities, and about the company’s own capabilities.
• Uncovering potential conflicts between the multiple objectives and individual views within a complex multi-functional company.
Reasons to Participate
This workshop will be highly interactive. It will explain the principles and format of a War Game, differentiate it from other interactive strategic support events, and demonstrate one simple, but robust, technique and how it could be used.
Participants will take part in an actual War Game to see how it is run at first hand.
Key learning will be to:
• Understand how War Games link to Strategy and when to use them
• Learn how to design and plan for a War game
• The experience of taking part in an actual War Game
Time Subject How
09.00 Coffee / Welcome / Introduction
09.30 War Games and Strategy Presentation
10.00 Setting Objectives
• War Game Format
• War Game Templates Syndicates
11.00 Coffee break
• Team make up
• Briefing Presentation
13.00 Lunch and discussion
14.00 Introduce Threat / Issue Presentation
14.30 Actual War Game
• Brief discussion in syndicates (Round 1)
• Plenary presentation Syndicates
15.30 Coffee break
15.45 War Game Continued…
• Syndicates (Round 2)
• Action Plan Plenary
16.45 Summary and Conclusion Discussion
The workshop will be very interactive with use of syndicates
Managing Director, Stratagem 37 ltd., UK and Former Head of Business Analysis, AstraZeneca Respiratory is an experienced marketer, with extensive pharmaceutical marketing and market research management experience, particularly at the strategic / portfolio level. He has recently left AstraZeneca, after 25 years, and works with a number of Biopharmaceutical clients advising them on CI and MR processes and techniques, running strategic workshops and “War Games”, and supporting new product evaluations.
Date and Timing
17th of June of 2009 Barcelona. From 9.30 until 17.30 (Place to be confirmed)
650 Euros (vat not included). We provide a 30 % discount for people coming from the same company and a special discount for students.
Contact & Reservations
Due to the highly interaction between participants, we will have a limited number of place available. We will close reservations in June, 03.
Reservations should be sent to: