Tactical, Operational & Strategic Analysis of Markets, Competitors & Industries
See below. No cost to attend.
Competitive Intelligence in European Business
Gap analysis and ways forward
13 December 2011
the Permanent Representation of Spain
Boulevard du Regent, Brussels
the EU-Funded Competitive Intelligence
in Trade and Export (CITEX) Consortium
An Open Symposium
Free of Charge
Competitive Intelligence (CI) is potentially vital capability and asset in the increasingly competitive international economic environment in which European firms must compete. Competitive intelligence is about more than just market research and competitor analysis. Is more than just body of techniques and principles, originally developed and honed in the rigours of the national security field. Competitive intelligence is a comprehensive paradigm for undertaking research, analysis and long-term knowledge-management in order to support well-informed and robust commercial decision making. Intelligence is actionable information for decision advantage and competitive intelligence is about using intelligence to make firms more competitive.
Competitive Intelligence in European Business is a half-day symposium open to all, free of charge. Its goal will be to:
• Evaluate the development and delivery of competitive intelligence amongst European businesses engaged in international trade;
• Examine the requirements and priorities of European firms for the core CI competencies and range of techniques;
• Assess what parts of the CI lexicon are best suited to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs);
• Review the latest techniques and resources for CI training;
• Articulate conclusions and recommendations on key future directions for CI and CI training in order to best serve European SMEs in the 21st Century.
CITEX is a partnership of organisations funded by a Leonardo da VinciLifelong Learning Grant from the European Commission. The Spanish Institute for Trade and Export (ICEX) are coordinators. Partners are locatedall over Europe and comprise both research organizations with cuttingedge competence in competetetive intelligence; business support centers with first-hand knowledge of SMEs needs; and educational institutions specialized in pedagogy and learning.
The conference is cofinanced by the European Commission, Leonardo da Vinci Lifelong Learning Programme
Time 13th December 2011, 09.00-13.30
Venue The Permanent Representation of Spain - Boulevard du Regent, 52, Brussels
09.20 Welcome and Introduction Isaac Martin from the Spanish Institute for Trade and Export (ICEX). Head
Economic and Commercial Counsellor at the Spanish embassy in Ankara Turkey.
09.30 Panel 1: Competitive Intelligence in Europe – a Situation Report
1. The State of the Art in Europe – Good News and Bad
Andrew Brunatti, consultant and researcher on Competitive Intelligence.
2. CI Training: Receptiveness and Requirements amongst European SMEs
Dr. Philip H.J. Davis Director of Center for Intelligence and Security Studies at
Brunel University London UK.
3. Experiences from the field – CI and business support in Brussels
Juan Manuel Revuelta, Director of the Brussels import agency Brussels Enterprises Commerce and Industry (BECI), also former Director General of
Valencia Regional Office in Brussels.
11.00 Coffee Break
11.15 Panel 2: New Opportunities and Initiatives in Competitive Intelligence
1. How does EU promote European business abroad and what are the needs of
Wojciech Sopinski, Policy Officer at DG Enterprise and Industry specialized in International dimension of SMEs.
2. New Media for New Techniques: On-Line Resources for CI
CITEX website team.
3. Improving Training for the Trainers – A Competitive Advantage in
Javier Carrero, Responsible for R&D projects and technological consulting at Euradia, Madrid, Spain
12.45 Roundtable: Conclusions and Recommendations
Register to email@example.com, at latest 8 December
For further questions, please contact Gustavo Diaz at the Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade, on firstname.lastname@example.org or +34 600541465
Correction: 13 December
It seems Competitive Intelligence Symposium in Brussels is going to be extraordinary. I wish to get out report on the Symposium.
good luck with the event and I welcome you sharing a visit report