All right academics -- lets see who is teaching what in our field for the start of the 2010 year. Is anybody teaching an undergraduate class/course? Anybody teaching an MBA or MLIS subject? Who is teaching in an executive program? Lets get a sense of who is doing what.
When you reply, please identify the following in order to give some background to your community colleagues:
1. What is the name of your course or subject? (e.g., Using the Internet for CI)
2. At what level are you teaching this? (e.g., undergraduate)
3. In what kind of program are you teaching it? (e.g., Bachelor in Business Administration)
4. At what institution is it being offered? (e.g., University of Ning)
5. How many contact course hours of instruction (e.g., 40 hours)
6. Do you have a syllabus completed and available for distribution upon request from others? (e.g., yes, yes)
That should get us started. I hope there are some of our members teaching. Are there?
1. MBA Competitive Intelligence & Corporate Warfare
2. Post Graduate level
4. Amity Institute of Competitive Intelligence
5. I teach 6 Papers. Each paper is 3 Credits ie 30 - 40 hours of Instructions
Ist Term - Fundamentals of Competitive Intelligence - I
IInd Term - Fundamentals of Competitive Intelligence - II
IIIrd Term - Advanced Competitive Intelligence - I
IIIrd Term - Competitive Strategic Analysis
IIIrd Term - Competitive Early Warning
IVth Term - Advanced Competitive Intelligence - II
6. Not available for Distribution....As long as I work in Amity University.
But however broadly I cover:
1. Intelligence cycle
3. Hostile takeovers
4. Mergers and Acquisitions
5. Analytical tools such as Benchmarking, Five Force Analysis, Six Force Analysis
6. Strategic Inflection Points
7. Strategic Options
8. Company Analysis of the likes of LVMH, Chanel, Pixar, Kelloggs, Liquid Paper, Oakley, Nokia, Coca Cola, etc.,
9. Risk Management
10. Counter Intelligence
Here is the information:
1. "Competitive Intelligence as a Management tool".
2. Graduate . MBA students.
4. Ono Academic College - a private university in Israel.
5. 40 hours (semester)
6. Of course.
Yes, Dr Fleischer. I do teach Competitive Intelligence as a 36 hour course at the MBA level, India. My course is conducted between January and April every year. THis is a introductory module which initiates the MBA garduates to the concepts and cases of CI.
I teach an introductory CI course in India. The details are as follows:
1. The name of your course or subject: Basic Competitive Intelligence.
2. The level: Post Graduate
3. Kind of program where I am teaching it: Masters Program in Management
4. The institution: University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, India
5. Contact course hours of instruction: 36 hours
6. Whether syllabus completed and available for distribution upon request from others? Syllabus completed. But, it is not available for distribution right now.
I teach CI as an elective at three of South Africa’s top-ranked business schools. Here are the details:
Course name: Competitive Intelligence
Institutions: Wits Business School, Johannesburg; University of Stellenbosch Business School, near Cape Town;
Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town
Contact hours: 25 average. Varies according to the school.
Syllabus: Willing to share with other lecturers who contact me directly.
I also deliver courses as part of the business schools’ in-house and open executive programmes.